Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Gardener who Drives. The Crew Member Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently producing quality landscape service that meets or exceeds the standards of clients and management.
What you'll do:
Prepare trucks for day:
- Load gas cans, mowers and other equipment onto trucks/trailers
- Secure all equipment
- Maintain and correctly use issued personal protective equipment.
Perform maintenance on properties:
- Safely operate equipment with all necessary personal protective equipment
- Mow turf using various mowers
- Edge grass at curbs and walkways
- Blow leaves and clippings
- Prune shrubs and trees as needed and clear debris
- Pull weeds as needed
- Clean site and watch for trash, limbs, and rocks
Plantings and Flower Installation:
- Prep soil uniformly for flower or groundcover installation
- Plant material properly considering depth, size, placement, and spacing
- Apply mulch appropriately for type of material
- Water material correctly
- Edge beds or establish new bed edges
Perform maintenance on equipment:
- Unload equipment from trucks/trailers
- Wash equipment and truck
- Change equipment blades and oil
- Clean air filters
- Grease machines
Snow removal (when applicable):
- Must be available nights, weekends and holidays
- Driving when necessary
- Assisting the crew leader as needed
Skills we're seeking:
- Valid Drivers License
- Some experience in lawn care helpful
- Must be able to operate various lawn care machinery including mowers, edgers, backpack blowers
- Must be able to operate various vehicles, with or without trailers
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred but not required.
- Safely perform heavy lifting/pushing/pulling of various landscaping equipment and materials, including, but not limited to backpack blowers, large containers of mulch/plant material, various sizes of lawnmowers, etc.
- Safely operate hand and power equipment, including but not limited to manual and powered sawing and cutting equipment
- Leverage 80 lbs. of a walk behind mower over curbs
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Lift branches and limbs
- Push, pull, grip and squeeze various tools, products and/or items (e.g., pruning
- Walk up to 10 miles a day, sometimes uphill and on uneven terrain, often while carrying, pushing, or pulling equipment, materials, or debris.
- Bend and kneel up to 9 hours or more a day
- Use hand saw
- Work hours vary and may exceed 12 hours per day
- Work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, precipitation)
- Noise level may be loud at times and use of ear plugs may be required (e.g., outdoor conditions, backpack blowers, running mowers, weedwackers)
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.