We currently have 2 full time positions available for a Concrete Laborer between 10.25.2017 until filled
This position is located in Morrisville, NC.
Concrete Laborer assist in smoothing and finishing surfaces of poured concrete, such as walks, sidewalks, roads or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. Align forms for sidewalks, curbs or gutter; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints for site development in accordance with the highest standards of the Company and the industry.
BrightView Landscape Development, the nation's largest landscape and site Construction Company, has made the vision of the most prominent developers, landscape architects, general contractors, homeowners and public agencies a reality. We blend art and science with the organizational skills and teamwork to create landscapes of lasting beauty and value.
- Read a tape measure, prepare grade for concrete, layouts forms, tie rebar, shovel concrete, strip and clean forms, assist cement masons and perform all other miscellaneous labor tasks
- Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge
- Monitor how the wind, heat or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and crack with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel
- Clean chipped area, using wire brush, feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges and rough projections to finish concrete using pneumatic chisels power grinders or hand tools
- Spread roofing paper on surface of foundation, and spread concrete onto roofing paper with trowel to form terrazzo base
- Build wooden molds, and clamp molds around area to be repaired, using hand tools
- Sprinkle colored marble or stone chips, powdered steel or coloring powder over surface to produce desired design or pattern
- Cut metal division strips and press them into terrazzo base to form desire design or pattern
- Fabricate concrete beams columns and panels Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces using appropriate compounds
- Install anchor bolds, steel plates door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete and or pattern or stamp to surface to provide a decorative finish
- Apply muriatic acid to clean surface and rinse with water
- Must be able to take directions and complete tasks
- Practice workplace safety
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have at least 2 years of experience
This position operates in an outdoor environment. This role routinely subjects you to all elements of an outdoor environment, including extreme sun, wind, rain, heat, and cold temperature exposure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, squat and bend
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are subject to project and overall company
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, vision, and other benefits
- Energetic, focused and collaborative work environment
We are drug free and an EEO by choice