In June 2014, Brickman and ValleyCrest merged creating a new company with a nationwide presence, a combined $2 billion in revenue and over 22,000 employees. Over the next year, we’ll be working to blend our organizations into one powerhouse with a new name and a fresh direction. In the meantime, we have numerous jobs across both organizations giving you even more opportunities to choose from. It also means you will be part of something much bigger and better where you’ll work with the best and the brightest to deliver the highest quality landscape services on the most prestigious properties nationwide. Our team members develop long and satisfying careers with us. So join us for an exciting future in the landscape industry where your work is valued, your contributions are recognized and you have unlimited opportunities to learn and grow with BrightView Tree Care.
We currently have a full time position available for a Bucket Truck Operator/Tree Climber. In this position you are responsible for working in trees to perform general tree care including pruning, cabling, bracing, lightning protection and tree removals.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Understanding proper tree pruning techniques to perform various operations.
- Minimum three years experience climbing and tree care
- Understanding the scope of work on any given job, so that they execute work consistent with customer expectations and the work order.
- Multiple years of aerial lift, crane and/or climbing experience in tree removal and pruning
- Understanding how all tree work equipment is used to carry out work in a safe, efficient and effective manner (e.g., Pole Pruners, hand saws, saddles, ropes, carabiners, chain saws, lift trucks, chippers, stump grinders)
- Ensuring the work area beneath and around the trees they are working (“work zone”) in is clear and properly marked with cones, signs, caution tape, etc., to keep the public, cars, etc., safe from potential falling debris.
- Maintaining their climbing gear and tree care equipment in safe, working order to ensure safe and high quality tree work.
- Ensuring all equipment is returned to the truck after a job is complete.
- Ensuring that all crew members, including themselves, follow BrightView Tree Care Services safety policies and procedures.
- Following directions and completing requests of the crew Foreman.
- Valid driver’s license required, CDL Class B encouraged.
- Becoming certified in EHAP, First-Aid and CPR.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, vision and other benefits
- Paid company uniforms
- Employee referral program
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer